Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'm telling you (Male or Female Monologue)

Background info: Local Gossip is confronted with “inner self” (Walks in looking completely disgusted)

Oh, you so won’t believe some people…I mean Puuhlease…don’t they know gossip is a sin? Always talking about this one and gabbing about that one… Whisper whisper that’s all you ever hear. How can this youth church grow with all the gossip that goes on? You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

I mean, look at Jessie, she’s always got a story bout someone and have you seen her life? Girl, clean up your backyard first cuz you got some junk. Did you know that she used to smoke? Yep like a chimney. And here she is talking about so and so who did this and that.

Then we have the “Twins” Guess and What. Boy do they like to talk. If one doesn’t say it the other one will. Come on! They chit chat about ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE. Like those girls have any room to even open their mouths. One of them sneaks out of the house all the time and Lord knows what she is up to, while the other one…well let’s just say I heard that she won’t be needing a chastity belt. But that’s just between you and me.

Then there’s Thomas, no doubt that boy needs help, spreading rumors like nobody’s business. Him of all people…Mr. oops I shouldn’t have cheated on that test. Yeah what a perfect person he is. He’s always telling someone about what one of you did. Yeah one of YOU! And don’t none of you start cuz I know your lives too.

I know what you did (points to anyone in audience) and you (points to another) yeah I even know about you (turns and points to self in mirror…jumps startled) Oh not you, you don’t gossip, you just share and that is because you love everyone and want to make their lives better right? (Image shakes its head no) Don’t shake your head at me. How can you of all people say I gossip? I “share” because I “care” (Image looks doubtful) Now don’t give me that look I am not like that. Who have I hurt? Name one person. (Image gestures to audience) Them? No way, they know I only have the “best intentions” I mean…you see…I just want to…help, year help. You know, make it better. It’s not like I talk to everyone, just a select few so they can pray with me. Yeah that’s it, we need to pray about it right? So I am just gathering people to pray. So I don’t always confirm all my facts but the important thing is that we pray right? (Turns away from mirror…satisfied…but still clueless) Well I’ll talk to you all later I gotta go find some people to ummm “pray” with me.

(Walks off, grabs nearest person and whispers in their ear as they leave)

No comments:

Post a Comment